I seem to have unwittingly composed a somewhat sci-fi-centric link roundup this week. So to further the theme, might I present to you a very long (but interesting) history of the pulp novel. Enjoy!
• Julie Powell: “Too bad, critics! I’m writing about my sex life!”
• Wishing you all a Very Cthulhu Christmas!
• Gnoam Chomsky! The most awesome thing you’ll see all day.
• The Guardian has posted their traditional Christmas selection of feminist books for five-year-olds.
• “The snow machine pummeled through the white-dusted plain like a jubilant beaver”: The results of Slate’s ‘Write like Sarah Palin’ competition are now out.
• “We have to go back to the moon, put the stations there and have to go Mars and install the civilizations there and become Martians.” – Ray Bradbury, 2009.