The Muppets do Bohemian Rhapsody
• Annie Proulx does not appreciate your Brokeback Mountain slash fic.
• “I come to bury Caesar, not big him up” – Or; why the use of slang fails to make old literature relevant.
• Romanian spy-cum-insurance salesman tells newspaper that Nobel-prize winning author Herta Muller “has a psychosis, and has no contact with external reality” before admitting that he did, in fact, both wiretap and interrogate her during her stint as a school teacher under Ceausescu’s communist dictatorship. But only once…
• “There’s no money in poetry, but then there’s no poetry in money, either.”
• BBC National Short Story Award has an all-female shortlist. Sexist?
• The WSJ looks at the rise and rise of the ghost writer.
• “Books are having their iPod moment this holiday season. But buyer beware: It could also turn out to be an eight-track moment.”