- ISBN 9780300115918 / 0300115911
- Title Learn to Read Greek Workbook, Part 1
- Author Andrew Keller and Stephanie Russell
- Category Grammar & Vocabulary
Language Self-study Texts
- Format Paperback
- Year 2011
- Pages 608
- Publisher Yale University Press
- Imprint Yale University Press
- Language English
- Dimensions 213mm x 36mm x 277mm
“Learn to Read Greek”“ ”is a text and workbook for students beginning the study of Ancient Greek. It is the companion volume to the authors' “Learn to Read Latin, ”published in 2004. Like its Latin predecessor, it has a grammar-based approach and is intended for students who have a serious interest in learning the language. The text and workbook include carefully chosen vocabularies and extensive vocabulary notes; clear and complete presentations of all necessary morphology and syntax; large numbers of drills and drill sentences; and abundant unabridged sample passages“ ”from a variety of Greek authors and texts.
Andrew Keller is associate professor of the classics at Colgate University. Stephanie Russell is a classics teacher at Collegiate School in New York City.