- ISBN 9780393033274 / 0393033279
- Title Wood, Water, and Light: Classic Wooden Boats
- Author Benjamin Mendlowitz and Joel White
- Category Sports & Outdoor Recreation
- Format Hardcover
- Year 1992
- Pages 192
- Publisher W. W. Norton & Company
- Imprint Norton
- Edition 1st
- Language English
- Dimensions 261mm x 18mm x 289mm
This gorgeous volume presents some of the best work of Benjamin Mendlowitz, one of the world's foremost photographers of the boating world. The exterior and interior views of 24 classic boats are accompanied by an informative text.
Twenty-four wooden boats are featured in this volume, among them classic sailing yachts and rugged schooners as well as smaller wooden craft. Each is accompanied by an in-depth description of the design and history of the vessel, exterior and interior photographs, a profile drawing, and a layout detailing its structure.
Benjamin Mendlowitz is America's premier photographer of wooden boats. He has produced the Calendar of Wooden Boats® since 1983. He lives in Brooklin, Maine.