- ISBN 9780486406510 / 0486406512
- Title A Tale of Two Cities
- Author Charles Dickens
- Category Modern & Contemporary Fiction (post C 1945)
Classic Fiction (pre C 1945)
- Format Paperback
- Year 1999
- Pages 304
- Publisher Dover Publications
- Imprint Dover Publications Inc.
- Language English
- Dimensions 137mm x 18mm x 210mm
Against the backdrop of the French Revolution, Dickens unfolds a masterpiece of drama, adventure, and courage featuring Charles Darnay, a man falsely accused of treason. He bears an uncanny resemblance to the dissolute, yet noble Sydney Carton. Brilliantly plotted, the novel culminates in a daring prison escape in the shadow of the guillotine.
Charles Dickens (1812-1870) is one of the most acclaimed and popular writers of all time. His many works include the classics The Old Curiosity Shop, Oliver Twist, Nicholas Nickleby, Barnaby Rudge, A Christmas Carol, A Tale of Two Cities, David Copperfield, Great Expectations, Bleak House, Hard Times, Our Mutual Friend, The Pickwick Papers and many more.