- ISBN 9780486255842 / 0486255840
- Title The Ship Model Builder’s Assistant
- Author Charles G. Davis
- Category Handicrafts, Decorative Arts & Crafts
Hobbies, Quizzes & Games
- Format Paperback
- Year 1988
- Pages 288
- Publisher Dover Publications
- Imprint Dover Publications Inc.
- Language English
- Dimensions 137mm x 20mm x 213mm
Indispensable for the serious model builder, this book offers hobbyists a true understanding of the masting, rigging, and most important fittings of American clipper ships and packet ships of the Great Age of Sail. It also represents a treasury of important information for naval and social historians, sailing enthusiasts and students of Americana. Includes over 270 clear, detailed drawings of ships' components.
Invaluable guide offers detailed descriptions, drawings of masting, rigging and major fittings of American clippers and packets. Also includes wealth of details on deck furniture of various types of vessels from different periods. 279 line drawings.