Richly illustrated and information-packed tools for the novice or handy reference for the veteran, BASIC ILLUSTRATED books distill years of knowledge into affordable and visual guides. Whether you're planning a trip or thumbing for facts in the field, the BASIC ILLUSTRATED series shows you what you need to know.
Discover how to:
- Choose a tandem or solo canoe that's right for you
- Select canoe accessories, including paddles, PFDs, and portage yokes
- Customize your canoe for greater comfort and safety
- Lift, portage, and transport your canoe with ease
- Master basic paddling strokes
- Rescue yourself or a friend after capsizing
- Choose a safe course through whitewater and currents
BASIC ILLUSTRATED CANOEING
Award-winning canoe guide Cliff Jacobson
offers specific details on choosing the perfect canoe for your needs, accessories, transport tips, basic paddling strokes, capsize rescue, and choosing safe courses in rapids.
is one of North America's most respected outdoors writers and wilderness canoe guides. His experiences as a professional outfitter and canoeing consultant have resulted in more than a dozen top-selling books on camping, canoeing, navigation, and outdoor skills.