- ISBN 9780486280929 / 0486280926
- Title Myths and Legends of China
- Author Edward Theodore Chalmers Werner
- Category Folklore, Myths & Legends
Myth & Legend Told As Fiction
- Format Paperback
- Year 1994
- Pages 496
- Publisher Dover Publications
- Imprint Dover Publications Inc.
- Language English
- Dimensions 137mm x 25mm x 215mm
Offering a provocative glimpse into a world dominated by traditional rules of etiquette and inhabited by demons, dragon-gods, and spirits, this volume presents a wealth of information illuminating the ideas and beliefs that governed the daily lives of Chinese people long before the revolutions of the 20th century. Engrossing and informative, the book will appeal not only to lovers of folklore but to everyone interested in Chinese art, culture or philosophy. 32 b&w illustrations.
This highly readable and well-illustrated compilation includes fascinating Chinese myths about gods, stars, water, fire, plus tales about the goddess of mercy, the guardian of the gate of heaven, and many other legends. Features 32 lovely illustrations.