- ISBN 9781935191018 / 1935191012
- Title Miss Betsey: A Memoir of Marriage
- Author Eugene D. Genovese
- Category Biography: General
- Format Hardcover
- Year 2009
- Pages 143
- Publisher Intercollegiate Studies Institute
- Language English
- Dimensions 157mm x 20mm x 211mm
When in 2003, President Bush bestowed a National Humanities Medal on Elizabeth (Betsey) Fox-Genovese, citing her as 'a defender of reason and servant of faith', he recognized the achievements of a uniquely accomplished American intellectual. Written by Betsey's husband of thirty-seven years, this title tells her story.
Eugene D. Genovese is a retired professor of history. He served as chair of the Department of History at the University of Rochester and taught at other institutions. He also served as president of the Organization of American Historians and of The Historical Society and he was a member of the Executive Council of the American Historical Society. He is the author of nine other books, most recently Miss Betsey: A Memoir of Marriage.