- ISBN 9781841580630 / 1841580635
- Title Shackleton’s Boat Journey: A True Story of Antarctic Survival
- Author Frank Arthur Worsley and F.A. Worsley
- Category History: Specific Events & Topics
Geographical Discovery & Exploration
- Format Paperback
- Year 2002
- Pages 164
- Publisher Birlinn Publishers
- Imprint Birlinn Ltd
- Edition 3rd
- Language English
- Dimensions 132mm x 15mm x 204mm
Written by the Captain of the Endurance, the ship used by Shackleton on his 1914-16 ill-fated journey, this book is a remarkable tale of courage and bravery in the face of extreme odds and a vivid portrait of one of the world's greatest explorers.
Frank A. Worsley was the Captain of the H.M.S. Endurance, the ship used by the legendary explorer Ernest Shackleton in his 1914-16 expedition to the Antarctic. This book tells the story of the ill-fated expedition.
Worsley he was commander of two ships in World War I, served as a reserve officer in the Royal Navy, was captain of the Endurance, and was the joint leader of the British Arctic Exploration in 1925.