- ISBN 9781883052416 / 1883052416
- Title The Ecke Poinsettia Manual
- Author Jack Williams and Andy Higgins
- Category Agriculture & Related Industries
- Format Hardcover
- Year 2004
- Pages 302
- Publisher Chicago Review Press
- Language English
- Dimensions 160mm x 24mm x 230mm
The Paul Ecke Ranch, the world's largest poinsettia breeder, shares its expertise on how to grow and market the number one Christmas flower. This manual provides everything a grower needs to know about producing and selling this pervasive crop of red, pink, yellow, purple, speckled, and marbled flowers. Every phase of production is covered, from propagation and vegetative growth to height control and postproduction care. Aspects of crop care such as nutrition, watering, lighting, and pest control are presented. The sales and marketing of poinsettias, handling after harvest, and retail displays are also discussed.
Jack Williams is Professor and Chair of Landscape Architecture at Auburn University.