- ISBN 9780395906637 / 0395906636
- Title Peterson First Guide to Clouds and Weather
- Author John A. Day and Vincent J. Schaefer
- Category Meteorology & Climatology
- Format Paperback
- Year 1998
- Pages 128
- Publisher Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH)
- Imprint Houghton Mifflin
- Edition 2nd
- Language English
- Dimensions 122mm x 7mm x 186mm
This Peterson First guide contains easy-to-understand answers to questions about the weather, such as why the sky is blue, what makes it rain, and what causes rainbows. The book also features 116 color photographs that show how to identify clouds, with explanations of what each cloud type tells about the weather to come.
The first books the beginning naturalist needs. Simplified versions of the full-size guides, they make it easy to get started in the field.