- ISBN 9783540797005 / 3540797009
- Title Ada 2005 Rationale: The Language, the Standard Libraries
- Author John Barnes
- Category Computer Programming / Software Development
- Format Paperback
- Year 2008
- Pages 267
- Publisher Springer
- Imprint Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Language English
- Dimensions 168mm x 18mm x 236mm
Ada 2005 is the latest version of the International Standard for the programming language Ada. This book describes not only the changes from Ada 95 but also the reason for the changes.
The Language The Standard Libraries.
From the reviews: “Ada programmers will find in this book a well-written and detailed discussion of the changes from Ada 95 to the 2005 version of the language, enabling them to appreciate the innovations, and to regret the omission of features they hoped for. ... For those with Ada experience who are looking for an overview and explanation of Ada 2005, this is required reading.” (Andreas Schwald, ACM Computing Reviews, April, 2009)
John Barnes is a multiple Hugo and Nebula award nominee and the author of The Return with Buzz Aldrin. He lives in Colorado.