- ISBN 9780802846006 / 0802846009
- Title Body, Soul, and Life Everlasting: Biblical Anthropology and the Monism-Dualism Debate
- Author John W. Cooper
- Category Christian Theology
Philosophy Of Religion
Biblical Studies & Exegesis
- Format Paperback
- Year 1989
- Pages 269
- Publisher William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company
- Imprint William B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Language English
- Dimensions 154mm x 17mm x 227mm
This widely acclaimed study of biblical anthropology is available once more along with a substantial new preface by the author. Fully engaged with theological, philosophical, and scientific discussions on the nature of human persons and their destiny beyond the grave, John Cooper's defense of “holistic dualism” remains the most satisfying and biblical response to come from the monism-dualism debate. First published in 1989, Body, Soul, and Life Everlasting is required reading for Christian philosophers, theologians, psychologists, and students interested in the mind-body question.
Cooper is Professor of Philosophical Theology at Calvin Theological Seminary, Grand Rapids, Michigan.