- ISBN 9780521706834 / 0521706831
- Title Legitimacy and Legality in International Law
- Author Jutta Brunnee and Stephen J. Toope
- Category Public International Law
- Format Paperback
- Year 2010
- Pages 411
- Publisher Cambridge University Press
- Imprint Cambridge University Press
- Language English
- Dimensions 228mm x 152mm
An account of the role that legal obligation plays in creating and maintaining effective international law.
Legitimacy and Legality in International Law.
'Jutta Brunne and Stephen Toope have written an engagingly readable and perceptive book that draws fruitfully on some of Lon Fuller's ideas, as they explore the ways in which international norms and obligations have emerged and evolved during recent decades.' Matthew H. Kramer, Transnational Legal Theory
Jutta Brunnee is Professor of Law and Metcalf Chair in Environmental Law at the University of Toronto. Stephen J. Toope is President and Vice-Chancellor of the University of British Columbia.