- ISBN 9780521739580 / 0521739586
- Title Good Practice Student’s Book with Glossary and Appendix Polish Edition
- Author Marie McCullagh and Ros Wright
- Category Elt: English For Technical & Scientific Purposes
- Format Paperback
- Year 2010
- Pages 176
- Publisher Cambridge University Press
- Imprint Cambridge University Press
- Dimensions 198mm x 264mm x 10mm
Good Practice is a course for doctors and medical students who need to communicate with patients in English, and can be used in the classroom or for self-study.
Good Practice is a course for doctors and medical students who need to communicate with patients in English, and can be used in the classroom or for self-study. This course teaches learners how to handle a range of situations sensitively, such as taking a patient history, breaking bad news, examining a patient and describing treatment options, as well as preparing doctors for dealing with different types of patients, from children to the elderly. Student's Book inludes and a Glossary and Appendix specifically designed for Polish students. The Glossary and Appendix serves as an excellent reference material and includes a glossary of medical terms to facilitate the process of learning for doctors and medical students. The appendix section provides sets of authentic documents from hospitals to familiarise learners with the vocabulary related to hospital admission and standard medical tests.