- ISBN 9780773532540 / 0773532544
- Title The Last Well Person: How to Stay Well Despite the Health-Care System
- Author Nortin M. Hadler
- Category Reference Works
Health Systems & Services
- Format Paperback
- Year 2007
- Pages 313
- Publisher McGill-Queen's University Press
- Imprint McGill-Queen's University Press
- Language English
- Dimensions 156mm x 17mm x 227mm
This book is a controversial skewering of how doctors and the medical industry turn healthy people into patients.
Nortin M. Hadler, M.D., M.A.C.P., M.A.C.R., F.A.C.O.E.M., is professor of medicine and microbiology/immunology at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and attending rheumatologist at UNC Hospitals. He is author of several books, including“Stabbed in the Back: Confronting Back Pain in an Overtreated Society” and “Rethinking Aging: Growing Old and Living Well in an Overtreated Society”.