- ISBN 9780321776570 / 0321776577
- Title Conceptual Physical Science Laboratory Manual
- Author Paul G. Hewitt and John Suchocki
- Category Semi-conductors & Super-conductors
- Format Paperback
- Year 2011
- Pages 331
- Publisher Pearson Education
- Edition 5th
- Language English
- Dimensions 211mm x 20mm x 272mm
This guide provides simple, pre-class activities and experiments to complement instructors courses. Instructions and answers to most of the laboratory questions are provided in the Instructor Manual.
Paul G. Hewitt was a Silver Medallist Flyweight Boxing Champion for New England State at the age of 17. He was then a cartoonist, sign painter, and uranium prospector before beginning his physics studies.
Hewitt's first book, “Conceptual Physics,” now in its Ninth Edition, was published in 1971, while he was teaching at City College of San Francisco. He has also served as a guest lecturer at the University of California at Berkeley, the University of California at Santa Cruz, the University of Hawaii at Manoa, and most recently at the University of Hawaii at Hilo. Hewitt recently retired fro