- ISBN 9780674748927 / 0674748921
- Title Reading for the Plot: Design and Intention in Narrative
- Author Peter Brooks
- Category Semantics
Literary Studies: Fiction, Novelists & Prose Writers
- Format Paperback
- Year 1992
- Pages 392
- Publisher Harvard University Press
- Imprint Harvard University Press
- Language English
- Dimensions 140mm x 26mm x 206mm
A book which should appeal to both literary theorists and to readers of the novel, this study invites the reader to consider how the plot reflects the patterns of human destiny and seeks to impose a new meaning on life.
Peter Brooks is Tripp Professor of Humanities at Yale University.