- ISBN 9780394854434 / 0394854438
- Title Berenstain Bears in the Dark
- Author Stan Berenstain and Jan Berenstain
- Category Picture Books, Activity Books & Early Learning Material
- Format Paperback
- Year 1982
- Pages 32
- Publisher Random House (NY)
- Imprint RH USA Kids Mss
- Language English
- Dimensions 203mm x 5mm x 202mm
After a scary bedtime story, Sister Bear is too frightened of the dark to shut her eyes. “Sound psychological advice and a night light help Sister conquer her fears. Children will empathize with Sister Bear in this well-written story.”—"School Library Journal.
Stan and Jan Berenstain were already successful cartoonists for magazines and adult humor books when they began writing children's books. The first story starring the bear family, “The Big Honey Hunt”, appeared in 1962. Since then, more than 250 Berenstain Bears books have been published, and more than 260 million copies have been sold. What began as an idea sparked by their young sons' love of reading has become over the years arguably the best-selling children's book series ever.
Since their inception, the Berenstain Bears stories have expanded to include picture books, beginning reader