- ISBN 9780486652429 / 0486652424
- Title An Introduction to Statistical Thermodynamics
- Author Terrell L. Hill and Physics
- Category Statistical Physics
- Format Paperback
- Year 1987
- Pages 544
- Publisher Dover Publications
- Imprint Dover Publications Inc.
- Edition New edition
- Language English
- Dimensions 139mm x 27mm x 213mm
Four-part treatment covers principles of quantum statistical mechanics, systems composed of independent molecules or other independent subsystems, and systems of interacting molecules, concluding with a consideration of quantum statistics.
Part I deals with principles of quantum statistical mechanics. Part II examines systems composed of independent molecules or other independent subsystems. Part III considers systems of interacting molecules, and Part IV covers quantum statistics and includes sections on Fermi-Dirac and Bose-Einstein statistics, photon gas, and free-volume theories of quantum liquids.