“Each edition includes: ”
- Freshly edited text based on the best early printed version of the play
- Full explanatory notes conveniently placed on pages facing the text of the play
- Scene-by-scene plot summaries
- A key to famous lines and phrases
- An introduction to reading Shakespeare's language
- An essay by a leading Shakespeare scholar providing a modern perspective on the play
- Illustrations from the Folger Shakespeare Library's vast holdings of rare books
“Essay by” Arthur F. Kinney
The Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, D.C., is home to the world's largest collection of Shakespeare's printed works, and a magnet for Shakespeare scholars from around the globe.
In addition to exhibitions open to the public throughout the year, the Folger offers a full calendar of performances and programs. For more information,
was born in Stratford-upon-Avon, EnglandWilliam Shakespeare
was born in Stratford-upon-Avon, England, in 1564. He is widely regarded as the greatest writer in t, in 1564. He is widely regarded as the greatest writer in the English language. We're pretty sure he would think this vhe English language. We're pretty sure he would think this version of his play is awesome. ersion of his play is awesome.