In order to become a successful entrepreneur, one has to have a clear understanding of how to effectively manage a small business. This valuable introduction shows budding entrepreneurs how to launch and run their own firm. In addition to explaining the value and appeal of small businesses, it offers a variety of essential start-up lessons, including how to write a business plan, obtain financing, and choose a legal form for any venture.
Distinguished professor, prolific author, renowned consultant, and inspiring teacher, Dr. Richard M. Hodgetts (1942-2001) was the Suntrust Professor of Strategic Management at Florida International University (FIU). He earned a Ph.D. from the University of Oklahoma and an M.B.A. from Indiana University. He published more than 125 articles and papers on a variety of topics ranging from entrepreneurship to strategic management to total quality management. He was also the author or coauthor of 49 books. Some of the most recent include INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS, INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT, and MEASURES
1. An Introduction to the Small Business Life. 2. Small Business Opportunities. 3. The Family-Owned Business. 4. Developing a Business Plan. 5. Sources of Financing. 6. Forms of Small Business Ownership. 7. The Basics of Small Business Management. 8. Legal Concerns of Small Businesses. 9. Managing Human Resources in a Small Business Environment. 10. Understanding Markets and Pricing. 11. Promotion and Selling. 12. E-Commerce and the Small Business Owner. 13. Using Financial Statements. 14. Budgeting and Taxes. 15. Purchasing and Inventory Control.
The perfect tool for learning the skills and concepts that today's new entrepreneurs must know to succeed.
- Includes the basics of managing and marketing a small business.
- Shows how to develop and manage budgets, as well as how to account for taxes and inventory.
- Offers special sections that delve into the critical areas of ethics, e-commerce, and current law.
- Shows how to apply skill-sets to real life situations with the help of real-world examples.
- Provides the tools to help readers succeed in their business.
Richard M. Hodgetts, Donald F. Kuratko
SMALL BUSINESS MGMT
John Wiley & Sons
John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Place of Publication
Country of Publication
Small Business Management